Monday, February 23, 2015

Harpist is Finished

I'm happy with the way this turn out. It was so much fun to stitch I almost hated to be done with it. Now I'm doing a Mickey Mouse that will probably be made into a flat fold when we get together this summer.

This morning we learned our Uncle Kayle died yesterday. We weren't expecting that. He was the last Uncle on mom's side. So it was sort of ironic I finished this harpist today. I'm sure Mom, Dad, Aunt Gerri, Uncle Bill, and Aunt Jean and Uncle Kayle are hearing all kinds of harps in heaven, maybe even singing to some of them. His funeral is going to be Saturday.

Not much is happening. We are still enduring the deep freeze. Until Feb. I thought this winter was mild compared to last. Now I'm not so sure. They say it's been the coldest Feb. ever and I believe it. No wonder I'm getting so much stitching done! Well....until next time....Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

twinpeakprimitives said...

Congrats on this great finish!
It looks so very beautiful ♥♥♥
Happy stitching!
Nurdan

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Barb.

Linda

Heather said...

Congrats on your finish im sorry to hear about your uncle. I agree with the weather im in Florida and it was in the 20s the other day

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finish. She look s lovely. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Annie said...

Your finish is very beautiful!
So sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Mary Ann said...

A very pretty finish!! And, I am so sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Brigitte said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle.
A wonde4rful design that you finished.

Tiffstitch said...

A beautiful finish and I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

Justine said...

Beautiful finish. So sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Weronika said...

Beautiful finish. Congrats.

rosey175 said...

It does look like it was fun to stitch, love that kitty. :)

Warm fuzzies to you and yours over your loss.