Saturday, February 07, 2015

Small Cute Reindeer

Good afternoon! I finished this piece a couple of days ago but have been busy so am just now posting it. This will be another one for the ornament collection. I thought this reindeer was so cute and he was so easy to stitch. Now I have pulled out a UFO that is more complicated. Swallowtail Butterfly by Stoney Creek. I now know why I laid it down, but it's going pretty good for now. I am determined to get to some of these UFO's this year and either finish them out or make a great deal of progress. I am trying hard not to buy any new patterns this year. So far so good, but it's only Feb.

We got my brother all moved into his apartment yesterday. We even got a lot unpacked. He's going to have to donate a couple of pieces of furniture as he doesn't have room for them. After we got him moved, him and I went up to Pet Smart to get his cat a cat tree as he is on garden level so the cat could jump on it to see out the window. I have one for Saturn and when she stayed here a couple of days back in Dec. she was on his all the time and wouldn't let him on it. We got a good deal. The tag under it said it was on sale for $39.00. So Tim jumped at that, but I kept saying it also says original price $79.00 this one has $129.00 on it. Well come to find out someone put it in the wrong spot. However they did sell it to Tim for $59.00. What a good deal, because of the inconvenience. We were happy. His cat loves it. It's different from mine. As mine has three levels all the same, hers she can hide on the second level which is what attracted us to it as she loves to hide. (It has a covering over it. Anyway we just hope and pray Tim and the cat are safe, as the Apartment Complex doesn't have the best reputation in town. But a young lady from church and her daughter lived there a year and never had a problem. Tim doesn't go out at night or anything so he should be okay.

It was bittersweet as our sister and her husband came in to help Tim move and we know Kay won't be coming to town so often anymore. I figure maybe once every three months. Then Ken (her husband) totaled his car on Thursday. (Everyone is fine, just the car is totaled) so they are down to 1 car. So that limits them too.

Well...until next time Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Such a gorgeous little design. I'm sure it will look fantastic on your Christmas Tree! :)

Justine said...

What a cute finish! Glad to hear your brother and his cat are settling in to their new home.

Justine said...

What a cute finish! Glad to hear your brother and his cat are settling in to their new home.

stitcherw said...

What a cute finish, the little reindeer is adorable. Your earlier Santa finish was a fun one too. Glad your brother and his cat are in their new place, and that's great he was able to find the climbing tree. I have one of those and my two cats absolutely love it.
Sue

Weronika said...

What a cule little guy. Surely Rudolph! :)