Monday, August 08, 2011

A New Start

   Hello everyone.   It's been a really busy week so I didn't get a whole lot of stitching done.   I thought this would be an easy quick piece but it hasn't proven to be easy.  I think if I had to do it over I would pick blue material, the colors would show better and it would be easier to do.   I am outlining the whole outside so it does show better on the scan.

  My mom just called asking where I wanted to go out for my birthday on Sunday, then told me where Dad wanted to go as I would get a free meal.  I said fine as it is a place I wanted to try I had never been there but heard it was good.   As long as they have something other than steak I'm fine.   I don't like steak.    Also she said my oldest brother and sister were sending them money so we could go pick out my Bible next week.   I need a new one really bad.  I'm ashamed at how so many pages tore out of my Bible.   Any book after the book of Hebrews is basically out it's there but loose and falls out easily. 

Bible School went great last week.   We had 75 children which is more than we have had in years.   Eight of them accepted the Lord!     A lot of neighborhood children did come which is what we were aiming for.

Saturday was our first annual Pig Out .   We held it on our lot next door to the church.  The day started out rainy so the men put up tents for everyone to eat in and tents for the different ministry booths.   By the time the Pig Out started the rain had cleared out we were so happy.  We were happy with the turn out too.   I definiately think this will be an annal event.   Now Aug. 27 we will have the first carnival to kick off our Kids and Youth Programs for fall.  We are having a petting zoo, dunk tank and a few other things.   It will be fun.  I can't wait for this and can't wait for the fall program to start.   I think it will be much better than it has been in a few years.

Well....until next time Happy Stitching and Thank you for reading my blog.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is kind of funny. I was just at another blog and in her right column she had an anonymous quote: "Anybody with a bible that is falling apart usually isn't." Sounds like this applies very well to you!

Unknown said...

I just checked my quote, and I got it all wrong. What it said was "Bibles that are falling apart usually belong to someone that isn't" Same meaning anyhow!