Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sun Flower Finished

After struggling through the Chipmunk piece this was very easy and enjoyable to do. As I said it is going to a quilt being done at Quilts for older children. Actually for adults too. Toni is my cousin and has 3rd stage ovarian cancer. The square is due tomorrow but this and the chipmunk will go out in mail tomorrow. Now to kit up Great is Thy Faithfulness. I know I'm going to think of Ruth's family all the while I'm stitching it. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while may remember the Lighthouse Quilt that went to my friend Ruth who also had ovarian cancer. She died just a few days after receiving the quilt. Great is Thy Faithfulness was her favorite song, and when she died her husband, parents, brothers, and sister were singing that song to her. Her father died one year later almost to the day after she did. So I'll be thinking of her mother, brothers and sister. Actually it was her 2 oldest brothers and sister that were closest to us and her sister in law and her oldest sister and brother. We were almost unseparable as teenagers a group of us did everything together. I have a complaint against blogger. I can't get the paragraphs to show on the final copy even though they show when typing. Also I can't edit my blog roll anymore or add to the 50 challenge. I have completed 3 more pieces. Oh well. At least I can still post. Tonight my niece Melissa, is bringing Johnny and Kate over so I can see them in their costumes. I bought them each a good size candy bar which I'm sure Melissa and John will split in half or eat some of themselves. I don't think I'll get any more trick or treaters. Last year was the first year they did it but I was at church working at Trunk or Treat. This year because of my vertigo I'm not....but I haven't heard that they are doing trick or treating here. Well....until next time....Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

the sunflower looks very pretty - i think it is great that you are stitching for a cause - shows that you care - hugs, Amanda

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty!!