Friday, July 24, 2009

Another piece I did a few Years ago


I laid down the kitten and started a birth sampler for my great niece, Addie. It features Walt Disney Babies. I don't have a whole lot done and it's not the easiest piece I've ever done so I'm posting a piece I did several years ago, before I even thought about blogging.
Since it's supposibly summer time I thought I would post this cute piece. I loved doing it. If I remember right it was part of a triology in a CS magazine no longer out there. I just did this piece from it.
This past week has been fairly quiet though I haven't stitched much, 2 hours a day is about it. I have been gone a lot.
I ordered my ticket for the Gloria Gaither Conferance at Maranatha in a couple of weeks. One of my friends asked me to go with her. I like the Gaither Homecoming Friends. Only Gloria will be at the conferance though. They use to be on TV a lot but it's been a year since I've seen them and I miss that.
Well, I'll go stitch a little. Until next time Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Olive said...

Beautiful! I stitched one of the other ones from that trilogy for a charity quilt last year. I guess I hadn't really thought about how summery they are. Now you have me thinking about stitching all three to put out in summer!

Debbie said...

What a cute stitch! Makes you want to hop in your car and go to the beach!

Chiloe said...

What a sweet poece! I love it !!!

Margaret said...

Yes Barb, it is part of the trilogy. Love yours too. Did you stitch all three of them? For now I'm only doing the one.

Have a wonderful time at the conference with Gloria Gaither. Do you know the Gaithers also do cruises with the Holland Amerika Line? Friends of ours went last year.

LoriRay said...

Ooooh, you'll have to post on how you enjoyed the Gaither conference! :)

I like your beach stitched piece...how cute!

We need progress pics of the Disney Babies! Pictures, please! LOL ;-)

stitcherw said...

Lovely piece, perfect for a summer post. Looking forward to seeing your new Disney Baby piece, I love Disney's characters.
Sue

Cindy F. said...

This is a beautiful finish!! Awesome Barb!!

Felicity said...

I'm working on the third one in the series. I have the other two already hanging on my wall. Yours looks lovely, Barb!