Monday, July 27, 2009

Cats are


This piece reminded me of the cat my brother had at the time. Cleo was the sweetest cat, everyone just loved her and some friends really wanted her as their cat. She was friendly but didn't push herself on anyone. It broke our hearts when we heard she had a tumor. She lived about 6 months after the diagnosis. This piece went as a graduation quilt for an online friends daughter. She asked several of us do a cat piece and made it into a quilt.
It was another nice weekend. My brother came in from MO for a golf tournament for the camp we grew up going to. So Friday night he took my parents and I out to dinner then Saturday night we all went to a pizza place that my youngest niece works at. She was our waitress for the evening.
We finally have new steps. Our old steps were chipped and getting bad. So the apartment owners had them replaced. Only problem is the temporary steps are a joke and almost dangerous. The woodin rail shakes as you hang on to it, you feel like the steps are breaking. And the real problem. They have a plank going from our floor to the steps that is very steep. To get up it you almost have to rock and grab on to the entry way where the door was and pull yourself up and when you return go down it very carefully. Can't wait until the cememt is dry. They laid it Friday so hopefully later today or tomorrow. The inconvience of now will be worth it in the end.
Well....until next time Happy Stitching.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love your cat piece. Who am I kidding I love anything with cats! Great Finish!

Margie said...

What a beautiful piece! :~) Your stitching is gorgeous! :~) I look forward to seeing more.

And thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. I do understand what you mean about stitching items that you don't like as the first piece in this RR I took forever to find something to go with the theme and then the one I ended up choosing is not really what that I'm into. That is part of what has taken so long. But all of the other pieces have been fun. And I am looking forward to getting this whole RR finished lol.

Thank you again for your comments. I really do appreciate them so much!

Hope you're having a great week and Happy Stitching!!!

XXX,
Margie

Cindy F. said...

Such a sweet cat stitch Barb and for such a wonderful cause.
So nice that your brother came to visit and took you all out to eat:)
Be careful on those steps! They sound pretty scarey!