Friday, June 18, 2010

More Progress on Buckeyes


The second butterfly is coming into play here and the first leaf is almost done. I think I've made a lot of progress this week.
Today is rainy. We've had quite a bit of rain lately and will have the next few days I guess. They say pop up storms. Hope it's nice for my sister and her family as they are camping up north. The one daughter and son in law are coming up from CO and wanting to get away from all the rain they've had. Think they are bringing it with them. It'll be an interesting week for the family as they'll have a 2 year old who is sweet and adorable who knows she owns grandma and grandpa, and a 9 month old who is up from CO who doesn't know grandma and grandpa but will by the time the week is over. Hopefully there won't be too much jealousy between the two. I love living in the age of electronics. Although family is far away through pictures and videos you feel like you know the child as they are growing up. Such is the case of Nicholas and Chelsea. (Chelsea lives in MO). Though I haven't seen either baby since they were 2 months old I feel like I know them. Can't wait to see either one in August.
Well until next time Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Buckeyes is really coming along. Your stitching is very beautiful.

Now I'm sure the little ones will NOT want to leave your house!! It's always nice to spoil them and then send them home. LOL I get in trouble for spoiling all of my nieces and nephews.

I'm just back to blogging, with a new blog, after having been gone for a bit. I missed the fellow stitchers too much to stay away. Please feel free to visit me anytime. My blog is open 24/7--hee hee!!

Enjoy your family visit!!

hugs
-missy-

http://eatstitchlove.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I have a friend that people call the butterfly lady because she feels like they are on earth to give us hope and beauty. She would love that piece.

Do you do Skype? Or just emails and facebook etc?

My family wants us to set up Skype, but I am not sure they really want to see me sitting at the computer all that much - LOL!

Lainey said...

Beautiful butterfly piece. Enjoy the time with your family.

Sharon said...

It looks wonderful!

Meari said...

Your butterfly is really pretty, Barb. Hopefully, you'll share pics of you and your grandbabies?