Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Progress on Buckeyes and Another New Start



I've made some progress on the Buckeyes over the past week, and I started a new piece. I wanted to do a Patriotic piece for the 4th of July. This one is called Unity by Brittercup Designs. It has the Australian, Canadian, and English flags on it but I am leaving them off and may possibly order the charms later. I know, cheat, rather than go through all that stitching!

The Buckeyes piece is moving. I need to have it done in a couple of weeks so I can get it into the mail. It's due Aug. 1. I thought I gave myself plenty of time but I don't know.

Sunday we went to my brother's new house. It's really cute. They downsized quite a bit but all 3 of their children are grown and living on their own. So this house is much easier to keep up with. They bought a 3 bedroom home with a finished basement. The basement even has a bomb shelter. They have a really nice sun deck in back of their house and Beth will be spending a lot of time back there. That may be her craft room! The one extra bedroomn is an office and the other is for Johnny and Kate when they spend the night with them.

It's going to be another warm few days....but I'll take this over winter any time. I just keep my air conditioner running. Yea, pay the electric bill but it's not that bad, the apartment isn't that big.

My brother, Tim is now home after having back surgery last week. So far he is doing very well....Hopefully mom will do as well next week when she has her knee replacement surgery.

I saw the cutest video of my great nephew, Nicholas on facebook today. He's 9 months old and he was lifting the hose over his head and then after success lifted his arm as a "hooray", even his facial experession was that of a weight lifter, only he was sitting down not standing up. I say we have a future weight lifter in our family. But we'll see...I sort of hope not.

Well....until next time Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Debra said...

Love the butterflies. It is going to be so pretty.

Unknown said...

The butterflies are looking really good. I am anxious to see more of Unity. I am not generally a fan of Brittercup, but this one sounds really nice. I think I am going to have to look up that chart. Bummers, enabled again!!

Sara said...

Good luck with the butterflies, they're looking great so far!

stitcherw said...

Both pieces are looking so pretty, good luck on meeting your deadline, they do tend to sneak up on us. Glad to hear that your brother is doing well, hopefully the surgery will go smoothly for your mother and her knee will function much better afterwards.
Sue