Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fifty Finishes!

For being such a small piece, this piece was a dickens! I had to frog so many times. Maybe it was because it was my 50th finish! I can't believe I made it although some I ordered intending to do for charity and discovered size wise they wouldn't work. I will probably wait until Aug. to order anything for myself. I am old. I knew for a couple years I had cataracts, well the one in my left eye will be removed in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not worried about it, every one says it's simple and no problems. I'm hoping I'll be stitching on even weave, or even 18 count material again. I'll probably have the right eye cataracts removed next year. Another sign of old age, arthritis and today my hip really hurt bad. I could hardly move this morning so didn't go to the Food Pantry to work. We had the storms last night, several of them, but fortunately none were severe. South of us got hit hard though. Lake Michigan really protects us. Well until next time....Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congratulations on your 50th finish, Barb--she sure is a cutie. It is definitely tough to grow old!! Good luck with your cataract surgery...