Thursday, March 20, 2014

USS Arizona Memorial Well underway

Good Afternoon! I stitched a lot on this piece to get it going good. It has an awful lot of white in it and that sky drove me crazy. It's still not all the way done, but when I pick it back up it will get finished. Needless to say, I've turned into a serial starter for the Turkey Trot, I've started #9 now and will start #10 probably Sat. as Strengthen Me is going real well. Strengthen me is in memory of my dad as it's his favorite verse (Philippians 4:19),

We had another funeral at our church yesterday, of a long time member. His wife died just a couple of days before my dad did. Dan's death shocked everyone he died suddenly. He had been in the Navy for 30 years I think and was in Afghanistan for Desert Storm. He got a full Military Funeral including 21 gun salute, which shook the neighbors up as they thought someone was being shot. Man so many of our church members are dying off, this is 5th one since Jan. plus so many have left the church. We really need to find a Pastor soon.

One of the Stitching Groups I'm in is going to do Turtle Trot starting Mar. 24, so I'm excited.

Well....until next time Happy Stitching.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

A very good start on this piece--it will be a stunning finish.