Monday, October 16, 2006

Cross Stitch Gifts


Do you have a piece you gave as a gift that really stands out? Please tell me about it what one it was etc. This piece was by far the hardest piece I ever did and caused me a whole lot of tears. Even when it was framed problems arouse. I have since learned my problems with this piece were nothing compared to others. It's the border that drives everyone crazy. The lettering and picture were great to do. All 3 Pastors and wives liked their pieces and other gifts I've done were well received, but there just was something special about this one and the couple's reaction to it. They still have it hanging in their room. The reaction Pastor Nate and Kate had and the fact they still appreciate it really made it all worth while. I was really glad I stuck that piece out. I told the Pastors in 10 years I'd do it again. Pastor Nate went "In 2013 we can have another piece." Yea but you have to stay that long. We now have a new Senior Pastor as Pastor Brian and Ellen moved to Upper Penisula, so I'm thinking of doing it again for Pastor's Appreciation Oct. 2008. If I can do it in 2007 I will. But the last project I planned 2 years in advance and found pieces I thought were ideal for each of the Pastors at that time.
Until next time. Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

BeckySC said...

I am unable to view your pic at this time but will check back later :)

I have given many cross stitched gifts...but the one that is most special to me is the Paula Vaughan I gave my mom a few years ago...
It's called "Bound By Love" http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=531441&uid=447889
And it is so reminiscent of my childhood and how my mom made our clothes and how I had to stand there as a little girl waiting for a hem to be pinned :) And waiting for the day I could wear that special piece of clothing made by Momma's loving hands! My mom cried when I gave it to her and as with all my framed pieces to my mom-I added a written piece to the back of the frame as to why I chose this piece to stitch for her. :) It hangs proudly on her walls :)

Have a great day :)

Barb said...

I'm sorry you can't see the picture. If you can't see the picture it is at www.Picturetrail.com/stitchingaunt in my religious album. I see it fine from my computer but I know I have had trouble with some other blogs getting them to download all the way from time to time. I will go look at your picture. Barb

Myrna said...

I did 'Footprints' for my son a couple of years ago. He loves it! It was something with all the wording in backstiching...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mimabear/detail?.dir=fc3b&.dnm=82e1.jpg&.src=ph

Enjoy your day!

mainely stitching said...

I think the most meaningful piece I've done for a gift was for my friend Sara when she remarried after the sudden death of her first husband. It was also the first piece that I sort of designed myself. My daughter's birth sampler is the one that's causing (yes, present tense, even though she's nearly 3!) the most headaches!

BeckySC said...

I can see it now, Barb :) It's a beautiful piece, unstandable that it is your most meaningful :)

Can you e-mail me at steele4@comporium.net

Thanks so much :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece. It has a lot of meaning, that's nice.

Leeny said...

Hi Barb,

I guess the most meaningful pieces that I have given away so far would be 2 wedding pieces that I stitched. One is for my sister, it was L*K's "Two Shall Be As One". Very simple but gave me such joy to stitch. The other was for a friend from high school, I did Raise the Roof's "Marriage Tree". I loved how this one turned out and I'm happy to report that since I gave her this piece, she has produced an "apple"! LOL.

eileen :)

Punkin said...

Wow. That is a beautiful piece of art and it is so full of meaning. You have a wonderful gift.

Lennu said...

Barb, this is very beautiful, it must have been a lot of work! Thanks for visiting my blog, I enjoy visiting yours :)