Sunday, October 22, 2006

An UFO bites the Dust!



Bathing Puppy is now completed! Hoorray! I never thought I would get her done. It is so cute though I will definitely do more of these children in the future! Now I have The Teacher back out to stitch more on her. I do not want her to turn into a UFO even though there is no deadline on her. This makes 5 pieces done toward the 50 challenge and 45 more to go. It'll take me a couple of years at the rate I'm going!
It's been a busy few days so haven't been around much. Yesterday our Sunday School Class had a hotdog, hamburg fry at some friends house. We played Bible Trivia, Bingo and some of us played Dominoes after that. It was fun. Of course I didn't win any of the games, but that's life.
Thursday night I went with a friend to a dinner for Wycliff Translaters. The dinner was okay. I don't like steak and the green beans were not cooked long enough. But the mashed potatoes were fine, and the apple pie was delicious. The program was really good and interesting. Quite a few from our church were there.
Today I got up at 5 am because I had such a bad toothache fell back to sleep at 7:30 and didn't get up until 9:30 when my ride to church knocked on the door. I was so embarrassed I didn't answer the door. I'll go tonight. It's Pastor's Appreciation Sunday. Did I get a card for any of the Pastors I forgot too, so hopefully this week I will. Better late then never.
Well....until next time Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Barb, this is great! And I think you are going incredibly fast toward your goal of 50!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting her finished. Great work.

Kitty said...

Wow, the more I see this little girl, the more I want to stitch her too!! Very well done, Barb!! Now looking forward to seeing your "teacher"! Just wish I could find these patterns too!
Keep up your good work!!

Dawn B. said...

You are right she did turn out good. I'm doing a happy dance for you.

Diana said...

That's adorable, Barb! Well done on getting a UFO finished.

Von said...

Really cute design, Barb - congrats on completing it!!

Get that toothache taken care of! :)

Margaret said...

What an adorable finish!! No wonder you want to make more of this series. Can you imagine an entire love quilt made out of them?
Margaret

jymisgurl said...

Looks great! Congrats!

Karen said...

She's so cute! I love it! Congrats on your finish. :)

Unknown said...

Aww this came out adorable! Who is the designer of this?

Pumpkin said...

Great finish Barb! Congratulations on your happy dance :o)

Meari said...

There's no pic. :( Congrats on your finish, though. Only 45 more to go! Good job.