Wednesday, October 18, 2006

New Stash


Thanks for your comments to Prayer of Jabez. I appreciated the kind words. I really enjoy reading everyone's blogs.
What is it with me and my hand in car doors this year? I am not kidding my hands are getting me into all kinds of trouble. In March I was standing by the open car door with my hand on it concentrating on our mother who was walking towards the store, and Lisa (my brother's x wife but still close to the family I guess) didn't know my hand was there, slammed the door shut with two of my fingers in it. The one really got hurt bad. I went into the store a bloody mess, but they were so nice and did try to wrap it up good. I went into several other stores after that and the finger was still bleeding so I was careful to have paper towels wrapped and not touch a thing. Finally 4 hours later decided to go the Dr. Then a few months later we were taking an elderly man home from church and he slammed my hand in the door. I didn't even realize my hand was there until then. It took a few seconds before my dad realized what happened. Roger was still talking away unaware of my screaming. Finally my dad got the attention of another man, plus 2 very young boys saw the whole thing happen and they all ran to the door to open it. I traumatized the two little boys barely 5 and 7 years old. Then a 3rd time was with a cuboard at church. I cut myself but no big deal. Then yesterday I went to the trunk of my brothers car and slammed the trunk on the corner of my thumb, I was able to rip it away, of course tearing the skin. Went into the house and into bathroom and said to my parents, "Crumble Jets! What is it with my fingers and cars this year!" After seeing I was fine and dad bandaged up my thumb my parents and brother made fun of me, of course I was making fun of myself too and laughing. Mom called Lisa and told her. So Lisa came over and gave me a rough time too. She just lives across the street now. Well so much for my saga of car doors and trunks and my fingers. Last night I had nightmares of my arm being caught and being dragged by the car because my dad or brother didn't hear my screams!
Remember when I talked about getting two new kits and wondered if they would make me start all over on the 50 challenge? Here they are? See why I couldn't resist them. The puppy and kitten the store tag is on but you get the idea. Sorry about the bulb flash on Angel and the Lamb but you can still see it good. The Angel and the Lamb will either go to the Nursery at church or go to one of our Pastors for Pastors Appreciation. The Puppy and Kitten will go to Love Quilts, or Cole's Quilts, or to a friend. Maybe 2 of the 3.
Yesterday we went to the Mall and I got a new phone. My other one only worked half the time. Also went to Jo Anne's and got some material and floss. I forgot my floss list and tried to go by memory. Out of 20 floss skeins, only one was on the list. Grrrrr. Oh well...
On the stitching front I laid The Teacher down to finish up the Bathing Puppy by Bessie Pease Gutman. It should be done early next week if not before. Then I'll go back to The Teacher.
Until next time.....Happy Stitching.

9 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I'm glad you're so happy with your new kits!!

Pumpkin said...

Isn't that always the way with forgotten floss lists! :o) Lovely kits!

Kitty Couture said...

ouch, ouch! You're making me cringe, Barb. Your kits are cute! :)

Margaret said...

Your 'Prayer of Jabez' is so lovely and I can appreciate why another pastor would want it.
About the two kits you bought - I think we can let you off the hook since they are planned as charity pieces. Of course I'm not doing the challenge, so easy for me to say. In any case they're cute. Have fun!!
Margaret

Von said...

Oh Ouch!!! Barb, you really need to put your hands somewhere else - do not touch the car! ;)

Seems like I'm always making lists, then forgetting them at home too. Lol!

BeckySC said...

OOOH, I did the same thing to my grandmother's hand 2 years ago on the Christmas Tour of Homes...I felt so bad but luckily the first house we visited was our Preacher's daughters home and they fixed her right up. HOWEVER, it was her ring finger and damaged her wedding band. Her finger and palm was black and blue for over a month. I still feel so bad to this day. She didn't realize she had her hand in the door and neither did I until it was too late.

Enjoy your new kits :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes, you'd better keep those fingers safe so you can keep stitching. I love the Angel and the Lamb, it's precious.

Meari said...

Ouchies... All that happened to your hands in ONE year? Keep those paddies safe!

Marie said...

i have bought this angel with lamb too.. i find it very nice !